Suppose you are enjoying a vacation in your grandmother’s house where the cellular network is problematic!! All of a sudden you got mail for joining an emergency meeting the next day. It’s really annoying, right? Are you supposed to leave today? No, there is a solution for you – a mobile signal booster for rural areas.
Yes, it is kind of a device that can boost the network anywhere you stay. It generally comes with 2 antennas and reaches almost every tower. So, wherever you are you can enjoy your cellular data like you are using WiFi.
As it’s a technological device you can’t easily rely on a product. No worries if you are facing the suggested problem because today I am going to break down the best cell phone booster for rural areas.
Our Top Pick
“Undoubtedly it is the most popular one omg the list having 5G signal compatibility. On top of that, it supports all U.S carriers and comes with a coverage area of 7000 square feet.”
Best for Outdoor Weak Signal: Cel-Fi Go X
“When in the rural area you have the worst signal, then this booster can amplify the collected signal and enhance the gain up to 100db.”
Best for Vehicle Signal: weBoost (470154) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
“While driving the signal is the worst, this booster’s magnetic antenna receives signals and amplifies them, then the inner antenna produces the speed up to 60db gain.”
Buying Guide for the Best Cell Phone Booster for Rural Areas
It’s time to share a guide in detail to help you in purchasing the best product ever. Stay tuned
The first thing you have to consider is carrier compatibility. As we are from the United States the product must be compatible with all U.S carriers.
The common U.S carriers are AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular.
There are some mobile signal boosters that are compatible with Canadian carriers. If you have any business in Canada, then such signal boosters are appropriate for you.
It is another essential thing to check before purchasing mobile signal boosters. If there are 3 rooms in your house, then a booster with a coverage performance of 6000-7000 square feet will be appropriate.
However, if there is more room and you need a larger coverage capacity then get a cell phone booster that can cover up to 10000 square feet capacity.
So, which signal are you using? 2G, 3G, 4G, or 5G. Surely it’s either 4G or 5G. The fact is every signal extender has a limitation. Some can support up to the latest 5G and some can support up to 4G LTE signal.
If you are always using 5G then I recommend getting a booster from weBoost because all of their signal boosters are compatible with 5G network signal. However, they will be a little bit costly.
But if you are okay with a 4G signal then you will get one available at a reasonable price.
This is a major fact because the installation process of a mobile booster is a bit complex. Sometimes, people mess up and start to curse the device.
I don’t want it to happen with you so get one that comes with an easy installation system. You better check out their website if there is any complete guideline or not.
Besides, you may need to know that How Do Cell Phone Boosters Work? A Complete and best Guide for you.
Top 10 Best Cell Phone Booster for Rural Areas in 2021
01: Best Rural Cell Phone Booster: WeBoost 470144 Reviews
- Coverage: Up to 5000 Square Feet.
- Carrier compatibility: Verizon, AT&T, Mobile, Sprint, Straight Talk, and all available U.S carriers.
- Tool-Free installation system.
- Work on cellular data up to 5G networks
- Max gain: 75 dB
- Extremely easy to set up, including direction with video.
When thinking about the best cell phone signal boosters, the first name that comes to mind is weBoost. Just like usual, the first product is from weBoost. This cell phone booster is appropriate for use in a home of 3 rooms.
Inside the coverage area, everyone will enjoy better voice quality, fewer call drops, and faster data transfer speed. Fortunately, the signal booster is compatible with all U.S carriers.
You don’t need any drilling or other tools to install it. You just have to set two antennas; inside and outside. The multiroom boaster will be attached to the outside antenna and the inside antenna can be placed on any desk/shelf, or you can hang it.
Another great fact is, having 12 dBm in downlink-output power and 21dBm in Uplink-output power, the booster can easily destroy any cell tower even from a far distance.
Finally, the booster meets the FCC certification and you will get it including everything you need to fix it. However, there is one little issue we suspected, some customers complained that they had to buy a male-to-male connector to make the connector to the booster.
02: Best Cell Phone Booster for Truck: weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR 470210 Reviews
- Approved Frequency Bands: 2,4,5,12,13
- Consuming less battery power ensures additional talk time up to 2 hours.
- Compatible with 4G LTE signal and 5G networks.
- Supported to the U.S and Canadian carriers
- Exceeds the FCC certification.
- Appropriate for use in the journey and room.
At the second spot, we kept another popular product manufacturing by once again weBoost. If you are living in a rural area or frequently goes on a long drive, then this cell phone booster is the product you should opt for.
The cell phone booster comes with multi-user functionality. Plus, it has a good covert capacity. Luckily, they are compatible with all U.S carriers such as Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, U.S Cellular, and others.
The noble fact about the product is the outside antenna of the booster is compatible with weather-resistant technology. So it will be more beneficial while driving time.
Just like the weBoost (470144) Booster, this one also meets the FCC certification. They are pre-tested and come with a limited warranty. However, one little thing that may bother you is installing this device may not be easier than the previous one.
03: Best Mobile Signal Booster: HiBoost Signal Booster Reviews, Up to 10,000 SQ
- Bands computability: 12, 13, 5, 25/2, 4
- The product has an official app. By installing it you can get technical support.
- Max gain: 65 dB
- Meets the FCC certification
- Coverage: 4000-10000 square feet.
- Included LCD display.
Now it’s a mobile signal booster from HiBoost. If you are prioritizing the coverage range, then this product is appropriate for you. They claim the booster can cover up to 10000 sq. ft area but that varies from the signal strength.
When it will show a 1-2 bar network then it will be able to cover 4000 sq. feet, 3-4 bars means 6000 sq. Feet 5 bar means 10000 sq. feet.
The thing we love about the booster is it consumes less than 10W during the normal operation. Again, it is compatible with 2G, 3G, and 4G cellular signals.
The most unique thing about the cell phone signal boosters is there is an LCD display. You can get real-time data and other information on the screen. In the past 2 products, this feature is missing.
We found a little negativity that the booster isn’t compatible with the 5G network. Other than that it’s a perfect cell phone booster.
04: Best Cell Phone Booster for Verizon: Cel-Fi Go X
- Coverage Range: Up to 1,500 sq ft.
- Carrier Compatibility: T-Mobile, AT & T, and Verizon.
- Maximum Gain: 100db
- No more poor-quality phone calls or dropped calls will happen with this booster.
- This cell phone booster boosts only one carrier at once.
- Use the required app to understand and place the booster properly.
Anywhere you live, remote or urban zone, if you want one of the most powerful cell signal boosters, then you should check out this item. This one can be used for mobile or any other stationary usage.
Cel-Fi Go X is one of the best-selling and the best cell phone booster for rural areas. To be honest, this one is way too powerful than Bolton Technical Long Range Cellular Antena.
This booster is single-carrier, which means it boosts most of the major carriers at once. If you want to use this in an office or a big house, you will be amazed by the performance of this booster.
This repeater can be fitted anywhere like home, office, or vehicles. Plus, it can control 4 indoor antennas at one time. The feature that makes this booster most wanted is, it can amplify the gain up to 100db.
You can test the position of the booster with an app that controls this booster. This app is available on both android and iPhone. The app is called Cel-Fi Wave App.
05: Best Cell Signal Booster for Rural Areas: weBoost Home Studio 470166 Reviews
- Coverage Range: Up to 1,500 sq ft.
- Carrier Compatibility: Sprint, Straight Talk, T-Mobile, AT & T, and Verizon.
- Maximum Gain: 60 dB
- Cellular Data: 5G
- The product is designed and assembled in the USA.
- Using this booster is 100% safe and approved by the FCC.
For a small coverage like in a small apartment, in a studio, or a big room, this booster works the best. At first, I want to mention that this one is FCC-approved like Cel-Fi Go X.
This booster will ensure faster data speed, a clear network with zero dropped calls, and the fastest video streaming. It works on any kind of carriers like Verizon, AT &T, or Sprint.
Use your unlimited data in the quickest and available way now with this signal extender. weBoost is specially designed to enhance the coverage of smaller places like rooms or apartments.
It also looks smart and hassle-free. No wire rummaging in your house with the booster. It has a directional antenna and board flr supporting the wall.
In rural places where the signal is almost dead, those place this booster works like 32x stronger than others. It’s really easy and simple to set up on your wall. I recommended this best cell phone booster for home if you have a small apartment, a studio, or a big room.
06: Best Cell Phone Booster for Rural Areas Verizon: Hiboost All U.S. Carriers, FCC Approved
- Coverage Range: (1,000-4,000)sq ft.
- Carrier Compatibility: T-Mobile, AT & T, Verizon, and Sprint.
- Maximum Gain: +60 dB
- Cellular Data: 2G/3G/4G/5G LTE
- It has a panel antenna, a yagi directional antenna & an LCD screen.
- This booster supports CDMA, GSM, HSPA, LTE, WCDMA & EVDO.
Having a tight budget but desperate for a high-quality cell phone signal booster? Then HiBoost, a brand from China offers its authentic product to meet your necessities.
This single booster can save you money as well as give you the best and fast internet speed and network coverage. This cost-effective package has all the quality features a booster needs.
If you have a medium-size office room or house, then you can use this booster to have maximum gain. Those people who live in the rural zones and suffer from the worst signal outside can also get much coverage with it.
Like weBoost(470166), this one also has an authorized app to control the booster. It’s called the HiBoost Signal Supervisor App. You can monitor the booster with this app.
Moreover, this is the cheapest booster in the market but you will get undoubtedly good service with it. It also has an LCD screen to show the signal strength level.
07: Best Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home: weBoost 472120 Reviews
- Coverage: Up to 1,500 sq ft.
- Carrier Compatibility: Verizon, Sprint, Mobile, AT & T, and more.
- Maximum Gain: 60 dB
- Cellular Data: 5G
- Get the best experience of fast internet speed with this booster.
- It ensures all the guidelines from FCC, so it’s safe to use.
Another outstanding weBoost product on my list. weBoost is a band that makes booster keeping in mind smaller place to medium place coverages.
The gain of this booster isn’t powerful like Cel-Fi Go X, but enough to amplify smaller-sized homes. This device looks very small and smart. Installing this is quite easy and hassle-free.
I would love to mention that this kit has a shorter cable of 6 inches. Most of the users stated that it’s quite simple to install. They fitted the cable under the closed window for a good look.
Just like the other weBoost item in our list, this one is also FCC approved. So, if you want to save your wallet and have a better quality product, then you can try this out.
It can pull all kinds of network carriers from the USA. For a rural region’s bad signal, they can try this out for the best outdoor signal. Plus, it’s one of the best cell phone boosters for homes in rural areas.
08: Best Vehicle Cell phone Booster: weBoost Drive Reach 470154 Reviews
- Carrier Compatibility: Verizon, Sprint, Mobile, AT & T, and more.
- Maximum Gain: 60 dB
- Cellular Data: 5G
- Coverage: 74% farther from the driving range.
- No more dropped calls while traveling in a car for poor signal.
- FCC approved booster, so safe to use.
Going camping with your RV or car and worried about bad internet speed? weBoost is again at your service to give you the quickest data signal.
This booster is made for vehicle usage. Just like the other weBoost items, this one is also very easy to use and install.
In any car, truck, van, SUV, or RV, you can use this booster. The booster has a longer battery life of up to 2 hours.
It has a magnetic antenna to set up quickly. The outside antenna collects the signals from the nearby cell phone towers and the booster amplifies the collected signals. Then the inside antenna provides the signals.
Besides, the manufacturer of this cell phone booster is Wilson Electronics that’s a very renowned company. So, assuredly, you may use this cell phones booster as one of the best cell phone signal boosters in the market.
09: Best Cell Phone Repeater: ORPEY Tri-Band Booster
- Carrier Compatibility: AT & T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile & more.
- Cellular Data: 2G/3G/4G
- Coverage: Up to 1,000 sq ft.
- Maximum Gain: 50db.
- This one is suitable for RV, boats, small cabins, and trucks.
Our last guest on this list is this proud member of the ORPEY brand. This repeater looks very smart and small. Just like HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster, very easy to install.
This is the cheapest booster on my list. Though it’s the cheapest, that doesn’t mean it has any features lacking. Rather it has all the highest quality features.
It can boost voice messages, texts, dropped signals, and internet speeds. You can get the fastest speed even if there are multiple users in the same house.
The innovative booster can detect the outside signals and then make itself adjusted with it for giving the ultimate best signal experience.
It has a flat cable to set up the whole booster. Setting up this repeater is very easy and quick. No need for extra tools.
10: Best for Long-Range Cell Phone Booster: Bolton Technical Cellular Antena
- Coverage: Up to 10 Miles
- Carrier Compatibility: AT & T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.
- Maximum Gain: +28 dB
- Cellular Data: Wifi, 2G-5G, and any kinds of cellular bands.
- Easy installation system and tools included
- The booster is weatherproof and powerful.
Want an outdoor signal booster? For those who live in remote areas where the signal can’t reach the nearest tower, this outdoor antenna will be a great help.
This parabolic grid antenna has gained up to +26db. It can catch all the frequencies between 600MHz- 6500MHz. Plus, where you will set the antenna, it will be able to catch up nearby 10 miles range high signal in any direction.
This cellular antenna can cover all kinds of cellular brands like- 2G/3G/4G/5G, Wifi, LTE, GSM, UMTS, ISM, and T-Mobile Verizon. It has an outdoor wideband antenna that works 6x powerful than the other boosters.
Moreover, the grid antenna is weatherproof so no worry about rain or extreme sunlight. If you add more gain to the antenna, you can increase the performance of your booster drastically.
You can even bend or adjust the antenna in different directions to get the range. The antenna comes with some tools to assemble it. So, you won’t need any extra tools for assembling.
What are Cell Phone Signal Boosters?
Sometimes our phone shows a weak signal or no signal in cellular data. At this pandemic, we have to work from home, attend classes from home. That’s why we are using cell phone data heavily nowadays.
Those who live in remote or rural areas, often fall into a cellular dead zone. That’s the reason they need to purchase a cell phone booster for better connection and signal.
A cell phone booster has 3 components- an external antenna, an amplifier, and an internal antenna. It works as a repeater system and the amplifier collects signals from different directions from the nearby cellular towers. The gain of the signal varies according to the booster’s power and sensitivity.
Types of Cell Phone Signal Boosters
There are 2 kinds of cell phone signal boosters on the market. One is Analog Signal Repeaters & another one is Smart Signal Boosters. Let me elaborate on these two types.
Analog Signal Repeaters
Analog boosters work in a traditional technology to enhance the frequency. This type of amplifier comes with a broadband amplifier, outdoor antenna cable, and other kits. Most of the boosters in the market are analog boosters. They can cover 65-70db gains.
Smart cell phone booster
By the name you can already understand that this booster is smarter and more digital than analog boosters. It works with a very powerful baseband that covers more amplifiers than analogs. Where analog boosters can cover 70db, here smart boosters can cover100db. Moreover, these boosters don’t need any extra antennas or kits. They need no installations. Expensive than analog boosters.
FAQ of Best Cell Phone Boosters for Rural Areas
Does Verizon offer a free signal booster?
Unfortunately, No. Verizon is no more offering free cell phone boosters. They offered a free cell phone booster just a year ago but now they have discontinued offering that free service.
How can I get better cell phone reception in rural areas?
The solution is in your hand the best smartphone network cell phone boosters. Purchase a cell phone booster and properly mountain the antennas. Connect your devices if required and enjoy high-speed signals.
Do cell phone boosters work in rural areas?
Yes, they work great in the rural regions. There are some cell phone boosters that are named network boosters for rural areas. Such devices can reach any tower inside their compatibility and improve the overall network.
What are the best cell signal boosters for Verizon?
There are lots of cell signal boosters and I have already recommended the 10 best cell phone boosters for rural areas products. Among them, I would love to recommend weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR (470210) Truck Phone Booster.
This booster supports all U.S and Canadian carriers. You will face no problem boosting the Verizon signal.
Are cell phone boosters illegal?
No, they are not illegal but the boosters which are not registered are illegal. Because it means the price of the booster is not paid yet and is already in use.
Besides, you may read our top 10 Best Video Doorbell Without Subscription 2021: Reviews and Buying Guide.
How Do Cell Phone Boosters Work ( A Complete Guide)
If you live in a rural area or even in a town where the signal is very weak or there seems no signal in your phone, then you must require a cell phone booster that can improve the signal by pulling the cell signal from the outside.
However, in this article, we will let you know how cell phone boosters perform and whether cell phone boosters have really any value as well as many other important queries. So, let’s start.
Main Parts of A Cell Phone Booster
A cell phone signal booster has four main components and these are given below:
- Outdoor Antenna: Every cell phone booster consists of an outdoor antenna that’s placed on the outside of the house. It’s mainly set up in such outdoor areas where it may easily find a higher standard signal from the nearest cell phone tower. The main duty of the outdoor antenna is to provide powerful signals into the signal booster capturing the signal from the outside of the home.
- Signal Booster: This is the main part of a cell phone booster. It receives the signal from the outdoor antenna and boosts the signal strength. Then it sends the amplified signals to the indoor antenna. It’s generally installed inside the home.
- Indoor Antenna: By its name, you can understand that it’s set up in the home. Its main work is to distribute the boosted signals into your whole home or building so that your cell phone may find better signals inside your home than before.
- Cables: In fact, though the cable is not the component of the cell phone booster, it’s used to connect the outdoor antenna to the signal booster and the signal booster to the indoor antenna.
So, how does a cell phone signal booster work?
In fact, a cell phone signal booster works by amplifying the signal up to 32X than its basic signal strength. It receives the signal from the outward antenna and increases this signal strength, then sends it to the indoor antenna. Suppose your phone doesn’t get any network in your home but gets network outside of your home.
Thus, the cell phone booster drags the signal from the outdoors and amplifies it as much as it can, and transmits it inside your entire apartment so that your cell phone now gets more acceptable signals. Sometimes, your cell phone can provide better signals than the exterior signal as the cell phone booster exacerbates the signal strength 32 times stronger than the original.
Therefore, if you live in such a room or in a vehicle where your phone shows no signal, then I recommend you use the Best cell phone booster kit that might solve your problem effectively.
Are Cell Signal Boosters Legal?
In accordance with the FCC Consumer Guide,
“Consumers will soon be required to register signal boosters with their wireless providers. Providers must activate their registration system on or before March 1, 2014, and will notify subscribers at least 90 days before registration is required.”
Are Cell Phone Signal Boosters Worth It?
Yes, of course, a cell phone booster really works if you buy the right one. If you buy a good quality cell phone booster, then it will definitely provide you with a reliable and consistent cell signal throughout your whole home or on any vehicle or office.
I highly recommend here the Cel-Fi GO X | The Only 100 dB Single-Carrier Cell Phone Signal Booster, which can be definitely used as one of the best cell phone boosters in the market.
Actually, read the comment below to know whether a cell phone booster is worth it or not.
An Amazon reviewer commented buying a cell phone booster,
“We went from 1 bar inside the house to all the bars — this thing really works! Outside the house, we had 2 bars. We don’t have it mounted on the roof yet, due to inclement weather, but even with the antenna just pointed out the window, the amplifier allows us to use our cell phones anywhere in the house with zero dropped calls. And the performance will even be better once the antenna is mounted outside and we have greater separation between the outdoor and indoor antennas.”
Can a cell booster interfere with wifi?
It’s true that cell phone boosters improve cell phone signals. But if you use a badly designed, wrongfully installed, and malfunctioning cell booster, then it may interfere with wifi as well as create problems with calls.
What are the benefits of Cell Phone boosters?
- Easy to Install & Management: You can easily set up a cell phone booster yourself. You have to set up an antenna outside of your home and then set up a signal booster inside your home and finally have to set up another antenna in your home. Then you have to connect them with a cable. Maintenance is also simple. You don’t require much maintenance.
- No More Dropped Calls: Did you know that almost 72% of cellphone users experience dropped calls as well as slow data speeds inside? So, if you use a cell phone booster, your indoor signal strength will be more powerful and stable. Therefore, you don’t have to experience any dropped calls and slow data speeds also.
- High Affordability: You can get various models of cell phone signal boosters in the market and most of them are available at reasonable prices. So, in accordance with your requirements, you can easily choose a signal booster.
- Stable Connectivity: Construction materials like concretes, vaulted ceilings can decrease the signal strength. So, in this case, a cell phone booster can solve the problem and can maintain the signal inside your room. To get stable connectivity, a cell phone signal booster might be the best option.
- Improves Home Security: Cell phone booster kits help the home security also but how? Suppose you’re in a danger in your home and you need to communicate with your nearest ones to get help. In that situation, if your cell phone shows no signal, what will happen then? So, cell phone boosters indirectly improve your home security also.
- Increases Battery Life: Do you know that if you live in such an area where the signal is very poor, then your phone’s battery will drain too rapidly? Yes, it’s true! In the poor network coverage, your cell phone has to continuously search for a consistent signal and that’s why the battery life drains quickly. So, Cell phone boosters definitely help to preserve the battery life of your cell phone.
- Ease Frustration and Stress: Think when you can’t connect to anybody or browse anything because of a weaker signal, how frustrated you will be. And, for the most important and expected call you’re earnestly waiting for, if you can’t get that call, then how much stress will come to your mind? So, if you use the best cell phone boosters, then hopefully, you don’t have to face these kinds of problems as well.
- Can Be a Secondary Network: Sometimes, you may require to use your cell phone data when the wireless connection gets overloaded and provides slowing data speeds. In that situation, you can use the cell phone as the secondary network. But, if your cell phone also provides a lower signal, then what will you do? So, the only solution to this problem is to use a cell phone booster that can solve your network issues and increase the signal indoors your house.
- High Moveability: As the cell boosters are handy in size and can be carried anywhere easily, you can set it up in your office or house, or car easily. You don’t have to miss any urgent calls anymore.
The purpose of this article is to make you familiar with the best cell phone booster for rural areas. We have recommended 10 products and all of them are credited by FCC and already have a huge reputation. So, no more tension about what the network will do in your village.
I have also discussed some FAQs and a complete guide. Hopefully, you will face no problem while selecting one. But before leaving we would love to recommend the best on the list, it’s weBoost Home Multiroom (470144) Cell Phone Signal Booster.