Generally, it is not, but if you have bought a new NVR, connecting it to the wifi router without cable may be challenging. Once you know the process, it will be simple for you. But the question is how to connect nvr to wifi router without cable?
Connect the adapter to the monitor and set settings to enable the Wi-Fi connection. After that, check the P2P information and enable it to change its status. Make sure Wifi and P2P have connected status.
Once you read the detailed instructions below, you can do this job in a couple of minutes. Stay here to learn the simple techniques for connecting nvr to wifi router without cable.
Can you connect NVR to the router without a cable?
Yes, it is possible to connect NVR to the router without wires. But this is only possible when your router supports any one of the following settings.
- You have the option of entering manual details into the NVR
- If your router supports entry of details busing WPS setup
How do I connect NVR to the wifi router (Without cable)?
Does your router support any of the above settings? Now follow the step-by-step instructions below to connect NVR to the wifi router without cable.
Things you will need:
- Wifi- Router
3 Step-by-step guide to connecting NVR to Wifi- router
Step 1- Connect the adapter to monitor
First, connect the adapter to the monitor. Plug in the USB end of the adapter into the USB charging port of the monitor or projector.
Step 2- Enable the Wifi
- Once the adapter is connected to the monitor, right-click and then go to the main menu.
- Then you will see the display below on the monitor, go to Network and then click on IP Address.
- After clicking on the IP Address, you will see the details of the IP address on the monitor screen.
- Click on Wifi from the above menus; you will see the following display on the screen.
- Then click on Wifi “Enable” and “DHCP” Options and then click on “Apply” in the right corner.
- Next, search on the “Search” and check the Status; you will see the status “Not Connected.”
- Then select the “CCTV” from the above SSID options. You will see “CCTV” in SSID.
- Then enter the password and then click on “Apply.”
- Once you have clicked “Apply,” it will take a few seconds to change its status from “Not connected” to “Connected.”
Step 3- Check the P2P connection.
- Once Wifi is connected, do not forget to check the P2P connection. It may be in disabled status. Click on Transfer mode to access the P2P display bar.
- Look at the above picture, it is showing enable, but the status is connection failed. To connect it, first uncheck the “ Enable” it will be disabled after you press the “Apply” button.
- Then mark the “Enable” and then “Apply” and wait for a few seconds.
- After a couple of seconds, look again, and the status will be “Connected.”
Once you see it is connected, you have successfully connected the NVR to the wifi router, and it is ready for proper working.
How can you extend your NVR Wifi range?
For extending the NVR wifi range, follow the below simple steps
- Connect the NVR with the IP camera by using an Ethernet cable
- Switch on the NVR and IP Camera
- The go-to “Video Manage” menu on the NVR
- For scanning the IP Camera, click on the “Refresh” button
- Once the IP camera is detected, then press “Match Code” to save it to NVR
- Also, follow the same process for all other cameras; you will see the extension in range.
Read: How To Find Roku Tv IP Address Without Remote? Top 2 Methods That Work
How does Wireless NVR work?
The NVR system has three major parts: the NVR, a network, and the cameras.
- Cameras in the NVR system work for displaying the video or images; NVR is used in combination with IP Cameras.
- NVR is the major device in this system that contains hard drives or other cloud storage technologies. They receive and store the data for viewing later. You can connect multiple cameras with NV.
- A network is required to connect the NVR with IP cameras. It is possible to connect it through wires or wireless.
NVR system connects with IP security cameras to store the images or videos for later viewing. You have the option to connect it with a router through wires or wirelessly. We have provided you with complete details about connecting NVR to wifi router without cable.