If the Smart Plugs don’t work properly or you need default configuration procedure again then you may need to reset your smart plugs. Sometimes it may happen that you are facing troubles with the settings or configuration of the smart plugs.
So, in this article, I am reviewing the procedure on how to reset some of the best smart plugs such as Gosund smart plug, Kasa smart plug, Amazon smart plug, Wemo mini smart plug, and TP-Link Smart wi-fi Plug.
How To Reset?
Gosund Smart Plug
Though Gosund WiFi smart plugs are pretty standing and don’t usually create troubles, you sometimes may need to troubleshooting. So here is given the way how to reset this smart wifi plug.
- First, you have to unplug the Gosund smart plug.
- On the second step, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, plug it into the power outlet once again and leave the power button.
- Finally, when the LED indicator will be solid then your factory reset is done.
Or check this video!
TP-Link Smart wifi Plug
Now let’s follow the steps on how to reset your tp-link smart plug outlet to its default factory setting:
- Find the setting button along the top edge of the tp-link smart plug outlet where you will find an icon on the setting button that looks like a gear.
- Then, tap and hold the settings button down for 10 seconds. Five seconds later, you will notice that the smart outlet’s Wi-Fi light will start changing its color between green and amber. And the rest 5 seconds, you will find that the power light is turning off and the wifi light is starting blinking between off and amber-colored very quickly.
- This is the last step and in this step, you have to carry away your finger from the settings button when the Wi-Fi light begins blinking very quickly between turning off and being amber-colored. Then, you will notice that all of the lights on the tp-link smart plug will be switched off for a few seconds. At this time, you will eventually listen to a loud click and the power and Wi-Fi lights will turn back on again. The color of the wifi light will at first be a solid amber color, but a few seconds later, it will begin blinking between being amber and green. And congratulations! because you’ve done all the procedures of its default factory settings.
Amazon Smart Plug
Now we will know the steps on how to reset or deregister Amazon Smart Plug:
- In the first step, you must have to press the power button and hold the button on the device for 12 seconds.
- In this step, you will see a red LED light and then release the button.
- Finally, you will see a blue LED light blinking, and your reset is complete.
Wemo Mini Smart Plug?
Follow the instructions to reset Wemo Mini Smart Plug:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds with the Wemo Mini plugged in.
- In this step, keep on holding the power button down till the Status Light starts to quickly flash white.
- Then quit the power button to Wi-Fi reset the Wemo Mini and finally, wait for a few moments until the Wemo Mini will complete erasing rapidly its stored Wi-Fi settings and return into setup mode. Your all process is complete and now your Wemo Mini Smart Plug will come back to its default settings.
Kasa Smart Plug
Now let’s know the instructions about how to reset Kasa Smart Plug:
- At first, press the control button to turn the socket ON or OFF.
- Then, press and hold the button for 5 seconds to take action on the configuration process (SoftAP).
- And finally, press and hold it for 10s or until the LED blinks amber rapidly to restore the Kasa Smart Plug Mini outlet to factory default settings.
When Does Your Smart Plug Require Factory Reset?
Your smart plugs need a factory reset if you face the below problems and can’t solve it with the setting.
- If you can’t find your Wi-Fi Smart Plug with the associate Smart app.
- If the associate Smart app can’t Turn On or Off the smart plug.
- Or if you face a configuration problem with your Smart Plug And maybe face problems with LED.
- If the Smart outlet doesn’t respond to either app or voice controls.
- Or issues with the smart plugs remaining connected to your Wi-Fi.
Actually, smart wifi plugs are a great addition to get involved in a new experience of a connected home as they can be controlled from the android app or you can use voice controls by linking them Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
But, if you start facing problems with these smart plugs you may reset the smart plugs to come back its default factory settings.
Furthermore, if you decide to sell or give away the smart plug you have used in your home, it’s always an excellent idea to reset it to the default factory settings so that it’s no longer associated with your smart device or wireless network.
In conclusion, we want to say that hopefully our review on ‘How to reset smart plug’ will help you to troubleshoot some common problems on your smart wifi plug. Thank you.